Rocky Mountain National Park
- Stanley Hotel - Take a 90 minute tour. Stephen King's stay here inspired "The Shining"
- Lake Estes Boat & Bike Rentals
- Waterfront Grille
- Rocky Mountain Rush - Off-Road photo tours. http://www.rockymountainrush.com
- Ride the free shuttle from the visitors center to avoid downtown traffic
Mt Evans Highway is the highest paved road in North America. Located a short drive south of I-70 at the Idaho Springs exit.
The Georgetown Loop Railroad travels between the historic mining towns of Georgetown & Silver Plume. http://georgetownlooprr.com
Alpine Hose #2 - Firefighter Museum in downtown Georgetown
Guanella Pass Scenic Byway - Head south out of town
Frisco - Dillon - Breckenridge - Keystone - Arapahoe Basin - Copper Mtn
- Peppino's - Pizza & Subs. Downtown Frisco. Try the Garlic Knots.
- Silverheels - Steaks. Downtown Frisco
- Two Below Zero - Dinner Sleigh Ride or Chuck Wagon http://dinnersleighrides.com
Things to do
- Quandary Peak - 13th Highest peak in Colorado at an elevation of 14,265. Round trip is just under 7 miles. Trailhead is located just off Hwy 9 about 8 miles south of Breckenridge.
- Sapphire Point Trail - .6 mile loop located off Swan Mountain Road between Dillon & Frisco. The trail overlooks Dillon Reservoir with scenic views of the Ten Mile Range & the Gore Range.
- Dillon Reservoir
- Keystone Lake
- Rent Kayaks, Paddle Boats, Canoes, or SUPs (Stand-up Paddleboards)
- Bike Rentals
- Scenic drives
- Boreas Pass Road - Located off Hwy 9 just south of Breckenridge. The 2wd friendly dirt road is closed in winter. The changing aspen leaves from mid September to mid October make this a popular fall destination.
- Hoosier Pass - Located on Hwy 9 between Breckenridge & Fairplay.
- Loveland Pass - Located on Hwy 6 between Keystone and I-70 exit #216.
- Copper Mountain to Leadville on Hwy 91
- Bike or Drive around Dillon Reservoir
- Downtown Breckenridge
- Downtown Frisco
- Winter Sports - Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Keystone, & Arapahoe Basin are all a short drive. Vail is also less than an hour away.
Nova Guides - Jeep, ATV, Snowmobile, Snow Coach, Fishing, & Rafting Tours. http://www.novaguides.com
Ian Taylor Trekking - Based in Vail Colorado, Ian Taylor Trekking offers training and guided trips to the highest mountains in the world. He has a pretty impressive success rate of getting to Everest Base Camp, Denali, Kilimanjaro, and more. http://iantaylortrekking.com/
Lake City - 1 hour from Gunnison
- Dining - Southern Vittles
- Lake San Cristobal
- Jeep & ATV Trails
Eventsincolorado.com - The most comprehensive Colorado concert calendar and event listings for all of Colorado sorted by date, area, category and venue.